Thursday, January 21, 2010

Clothing prototype

So I had my first pseudo-fashion show yesterday. And this was the final product (click on image to enlarge size):











What's super cool (and frustrating) about this project is the number of technical restrictions:
1) it is made from a 1.5x1.5m cloth
2) max 3 cuts are allowed (i used 2)
3) you must use all of the given material - so even if you cut out a circle, you must put that circle back somewhere (basically, you are not allowed to sever the cloth and this was the most difficult part)
4) only 4 types of cloth are allowed: silk, wool, calico (soft cotton), tijk (stiff cotton)






The Cooper Union building was my main source of inspiration - so here's Shalini photoshopped into the building...

I also have to say that Shalini totally rocks the outfit. It looks like a giant piece of dunno-what on me because I'm so short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home