
Ahh yes. Another museum, another city. I really spent my autumn break well, I must say. I absolutely
love the museum scene here. Can't even describe it but I was so excited and inspired by every little thing I saw today at the exhibitions in Zuiderzee Museum/Enkhuizen. I put the museum and the city as interchangeable terms because the art works extend from within the museum out to the open space. Enkhuizen is itself such a small, cosy, idyllic fishing village. (So in just this one week, I've moved from perfect Den Bosch to modern Rotterdam and to countryside Enkhuizen. AND just in this one week, I've seen some more Viktor & Rolf than I can imagine. In the first place, I never thought I would get to see their actual works. "ohmygawd talk about cool yo!")

It was a great, cold, windy, rainy, but great, day. I tell you, you don't know what windy means until you experience the Dutch wind. Nevertheless, the Dutch pedal on.

Marie & Olie (you know you're in the countryside when the train suddenly stops halfway in the middle of nowhere, with not even a vending machine in sight)

One of the most interesting exhibitions,
Silhouettes is a representation of Dutch fishermen's wives who used to look out to the sea, waiting for their husbands to return.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home