Sunday, October 18, 2009

Den Bosch

It was on impulse that I decided to travel to Den Bosch. The last time I was there was during Carnival; with the city let loose and crazy people drinking on the streets, I didn't really get a chance to see much of the city. So yesterday I went and walked around for hours. Den Bosch seems to be one of those virtual cities, you know, where everything is so tidy and well-organized, and just perfect. The Palaiskwartier is of modern architecture, typically Dutch ontwerper-style and impressive, whereas the city center is a taste of historic old, very welcoming with the sunlight beaming on engraved walls.













I love taking the train, watching the Dutch landscape turn horizontal in motion, the occasional hiccups of steel bridges interrupting the cows grazing the land. There is always that sense of peace outside the window. I am most nervous in the evenings, when the colour of the sky gradually changes, and I am aware that black is coming but I know not when exactly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home