Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Luxembourg

Luxembourg surpasses all expectations and its city center, is the most beautiful one I've seen in Europe (but you must also overlook the fact that I've not seen all of Europe). The fortress, the lush greenery, the quirky buildings (among which is a retirement home where we swear to move into in future), the stone bridge, the tunnels, I couldn't tear my eyes away from the sights, not at all. Then there is the drive up to north of Luxembourg. Absolutely gorgeous countryside. And imagine! Castles in the north! Incredible.

Another great thing about Luxembourg is that you can ride the buses for free. I mean, they aren't actually free. But according to Michel, he hasn't seen anyone pay for the buses in the longest time. So - we say "Bonjour!" to the bus driver and plant ourselves comfortably down. I'm starting to think that, maybe, people from small countries are all up for free stuff. We went to the amusement park to celebrate 4th July (not even any of our business) mainly because it was free entry, free hotdogs(!), free chicken wings(!!), free pizza(!!!), and free Budweiser(!!!!).









All this fun could not have been possible without Michel (and his family, and Max, and all his other friends), who was such a sweet host. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home