A Sentimental Education
After 2 days of extremely intense and tense exam ( 9 hours of drawing and painting exams and interview in-between on day 1; 3 more hours of painting and portfolio submission on day 2), I really wish that I can say I made it but I didnt. I failed the exam so I'm quite sad about it, not only because I want this more badly than anything else or that I prepared so so much for it, but after "hanging out" in the academy and in Antwerp, I'm really just so in love with the whole environment; it's inspiring, it's free...basically the whole vibe is just amazing. So I am sorry that I have to return and complete fucking (sorry can't help it) honors year while knowing exactly what I'm missing out. I will however say that I did everything I could (at this point in time), especially for the drawing exam, and I humbly admit that out of 200 applicants, I'm just not good enough. Yet, hopefully.
Enough with dreary emotional stuff. This trip has been SO FUCKING GREAT. I love the hostel I'm staying in - Hostel Den Heksenketel (translated as "the witches kettle hostel") - its so homely and it's a darn good location - except for the part where I got stuck in the toilet for 15 bloody minutes trying to break open the handle, even contemplating climbing over a door almost twice my height, before miraculously opening it swift and easy thanks to lord's mercy, and meeting some other traveller upon the fiasco and had to be cool and calm and friendly - I definitely recommend the place to anyone going to Antwerp.
Today I went to Ghent, and really, it is under-rated and completely overshadowed by its historical counterpart, Bruges. Ghent has the most amazing and cutest buildings that will leave you in awe for hours. Tomorrow I will head down to Luxembourg to stay with Michel. Gah I dont wanna leave Europe!!!!!
Enough with dreary emotional stuff. This trip has been SO FUCKING GREAT. I love the hostel I'm staying in - Hostel Den Heksenketel (translated as "the witches kettle hostel") - its so homely and it's a darn good location - except for the part where I got stuck in the toilet for 15 bloody minutes trying to break open the handle, even contemplating climbing over a door almost twice my height, before miraculously opening it swift and easy thanks to lord's mercy, and meeting some other traveller upon the fiasco and had to be cool and calm and friendly - I definitely recommend the place to anyone going to Antwerp.
Today I went to Ghent, and really, it is under-rated and completely overshadowed by its historical counterpart, Bruges. Ghent has the most amazing and cutest buildings that will leave you in awe for hours. Tomorrow I will head down to Luxembourg to stay with Michel. Gah I dont wanna leave Europe!!!!!

1 Comments:
Hey,
any chance you can advise me how to prepare for the antwerp examination?
i will be sitting it in september.
what exactly did you include in the portfolio and do you have to be an amazing drawer to get in?
thanks,
stella
Post a Comment
<< Home