Airs de Paris
Paris was insanely beautiful not just because of its romantic (and touristique) appeal but because every corner of it was simply flawless. I stayed in a hostel in the Montmartre area, where artists gather, and which is generally left untouched by mass consumerism. Traveling in Paris was really cool and easy - ubiquitious metropolitan signs marked my next destination, I could go anywhere I wanted and do anything that came to mind.

Musee du Louvre was awesome. The symmetry of it in relation to its surroundings was so perfect! Although I personally did not really like its galleries simply because there were just too much to see. Too much for the already fizzled brain.
Centre Pompidou was the museum I really enjoyed. The architecture was amazing and the exhibition "Airs de Paris" was brilliant. Walk through the the idea of Paris as the centre of convergence, explore the technological, economical and social changes in the city through the eyes of various artists. Why would I love Paris? Because art dominates the culture, or perhaps vice versa.
Tour Eiffel. From the Louvre, I could see the tower and so thought to myself: since I can see the tower, it can't be that far and therefore I can walk to it. Right. I walked for an hour with a constant view of the tower and still I didn't seem to get anywhere near it. When I finally arrived, I was so tired I collapsed at Champ de Mars, with a 5 euros baguette and 3 euros coke (because clever snack bars understand that ambitious travelers like me desperately need food and drinks).

The walk to Tour Eiffel was rewarding though. This is what I meant when I said every corner of it was flawless. I didn't even have to imagine a city of attractions. It came naturally.

Arc du triomphe stands tall and triumphant at the cross roads after Les Champs Elysees. This is the only full picture of me in Paris. :)
Chateau de Versailles is a huge and impressive place of memorable significance, depiction and gold. I laid in the garden watching the sky, the panorama. But the queue was a nightmare! 45minutes to buy a ticket, 45 minutes to actually enter the palace. I was quite bored out of my mind by the time I was inside.

Moulin Rouge! It's famous enough and its charm needs no explanation. Paris is the city of lights. Night comforts.
I spent the last morning in the catacombs. The catacombs of Paris are underground tunnels used as the ossuary of the cemetery of the Innocents in 1785. (basically a burial place) It was so quiet and claustrophic, I practically fled my way past the skulls and bones piled against the walls. It didn't help that at the corner of the eye, I could see words like "malice" and "demon". Nonetheless. The thrill of it!

Musee du Louvre was awesome. The symmetry of it in relation to its surroundings was so perfect! Although I personally did not really like its galleries simply because there were just too much to see. Too much for the already fizzled brain.
Centre Pompidou was the museum I really enjoyed. The architecture was amazing and the exhibition "Airs de Paris" was brilliant. Walk through the the idea of Paris as the centre of convergence, explore the technological, economical and social changes in the city through the eyes of various artists. Why would I love Paris? Because art dominates the culture, or perhaps vice versa.
Tour Eiffel. From the Louvre, I could see the tower and so thought to myself: since I can see the tower, it can't be that far and therefore I can walk to it. Right. I walked for an hour with a constant view of the tower and still I didn't seem to get anywhere near it. When I finally arrived, I was so tired I collapsed at Champ de Mars, with a 5 euros baguette and 3 euros coke (because clever snack bars understand that ambitious travelers like me desperately need food and drinks).
The walk to Tour Eiffel was rewarding though. This is what I meant when I said every corner of it was flawless. I didn't even have to imagine a city of attractions. It came naturally.

Arc du triomphe stands tall and triumphant at the cross roads after Les Champs Elysees. This is the only full picture of me in Paris. :)
Chateau de Versailles is a huge and impressive place of memorable significance, depiction and gold. I laid in the garden watching the sky, the panorama. But the queue was a nightmare! 45minutes to buy a ticket, 45 minutes to actually enter the palace. I was quite bored out of my mind by the time I was inside.
Moulin Rouge! It's famous enough and its charm needs no explanation. Paris is the city of lights. Night comforts.
I spent the last morning in the catacombs. The catacombs of Paris are underground tunnels used as the ossuary of the cemetery of the Innocents in 1785. (basically a burial place) It was so quiet and claustrophic, I practically fled my way past the skulls and bones piled against the walls. It didn't help that at the corner of the eye, I could see words like "malice" and "demon". Nonetheless. The thrill of it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home