Thursday, April 12, 2007

The anonymous body

1. Italy: 17-24 April. Meanwhile, I am living off the pathetic shelf of food I have left in order to hold back withdrawing money. 5 more days!!!

2. For travelers out there, www.frommers.com, is really the best guide you can find. I am amazed at how much information, and concise, not lengthy and boring information, they provide!

3. One thing that strikes me is how there does not seem to be any alternatives for men to subvert or transgress the oppressiveness of patriarchy. There have been many feminist writings about how women can empower themselves, challenge gender assumptions etc. I think perhaps it's because if you posit the female as the "other", it becomes already a starting point for revolutionary thoughts. But patriarchy is the world of the father. It's a self-fulfilling system. There is a duty to uphold traditions and to play the roles that have been laid out. It is an uncompromising order which the male struggles against himself, and against the father whom he has no escape from, because before long, he will hold that position too. Somewhere along the line I think there is some sort of oedipal twist...

4. The Great Fuck-Up. Annihilation.

3 Comments:

Blogger iamspidermonkey said...

ok. what are you doing between 31st May to 10th June? Will you be having exams or some crap like that?

1:02 AM  
Blogger iamspidermonkey said...

And! I've moved to http://iamspidermonkey.wordpress.com/

1:04 AM  
Blogger angeline said...

hallo my cousin! dont know what i'll be doing yet. exams should prob be end of june...what r u planning...

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home