Saturday, March 03, 2007

Amsterdam

Clara does her travel log like Amelie's garden gnome's adventure around the world. And this is, the story of "the duck goes to Amsterdam". Quack. The duck heard so much about the Albert Cuyp's Market, it had no choice but to check the place out. Unfortunately, the shopping was a big disappointment. It wandered along streets and canals and ended up a distance too far from the city centre. The walk back was long and tiring and one girl was so upset about it she started crying. wtf? It wasn't that bad. Firstly, we weren't exactly sure which directions to go. Secondly, how else to fully appreciate a city and its details? In addition, we passed by the brothel which was a curious sight. A wide, and I mean wide, variety of prostitutes were displayed in the windows. I felt like a voyeuristic man, eyes wide open, picking "my type of girl".

Of course the duck finally got to the centre and things improved vastly. Rembrandtplein is definitely a much better market place than Albert Cuyp (who by the way, is a Dutch painter, and by the way, reminds me of my assignment which is due on mon).


Bianca, me, a tiny bit of Clara





Amsterdam is a huge cosmopolitan city. I found a Chinatown here but nah...what I really miss is the local food like char kway teow, kuay chap, ba chor mee, and the list goes on..."ching chong" ain't my style yo.











Public urinals. I wanted to capture the duck having a natural pose on the urinal, but I guess not.
It's not that clear in this picture, but the buildings are really tilted to one side. For the longest time, I was really confused because it looked like they were about to fall on top of you. It got even more confusing when you juxtaposed these buildings and the normal erect ones.


As a parting gift and also the main purpose of this trip - Tori Amos's concert tickets.

2 Comments:

Blogger bidibis said...

This is the best urinal i've ever seen in my life

My blogs url is ourodoxeio.blogspot.com which in greek means urinal or piss box

It was real pleasure that i bumped into you.

you made my urine day!

8:42 PM  
Blogger iamspidermonkey said...

ohwow. did not realise that those tori amos tickets were going to cost such blood sweat and tears! :P what seats are we in????

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home