Sunday, February 04, 2007

I visited 3 museums today. The centraal museum displays 17th C paintings, as well as modern art from movements like Dada, Surrealism, Lettrism. I must disagree with the slogan of Lettrism because it reminds me of George Orwell's 1984. How can one define himself "I"/"You", if you reduce words to, nothingness? I'm not sure if I interpreted it correctly since I'm unfamiliar with the movement.

Woodman must be really bored.


I'm the subject and the object.










The Universiteitsmuseum was my favorite museum. It was so fun and they had a room where you could actually interact with the artworks. Anatomical structures that line the stairways are what you are first introduced to.


"I know I'm the smallest, but dude, some respect, please."



The power lies in the brain. Brain hat.

"I'm the epitome of beauty!"

"Yeah...but you're not going to escape...The Chair."






Not your everyday bathtub.




The last museum I went to was the Museum Catharijneconvent which showcases medieval religious art. It was quite boring for me, so I didn't spend that much time there. On my way back from the museum to the station, this fucker was whistling some creepy tune while following me on the streets. This picture was meant as a joke, but at that moment, it was "Lord help me!" I was really terrified.

1 Comments:

Blogger iamspidermonkey said...

oOHHH... I LIKE THAT LITTLE skeleton man in the glass shelf! Creepy but cool. hahahha!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home