Saturday, December 24, 2016

Resolutions!

1. Read more, write more

I am an English Literature graduate, but I have neglected the two things that formed the core of my education. Of late, my analytical and communication skills have greatly deteriorated. I have been having troubles trying to string my thoughts in a critical and coherent manner. Writing helps me to clarify my thoughts, and it will also definitely improve my English language skills!

2. Learn to be more decisive

This is a problem that I've always faced, and it's probably because of my upbringing where I've never really had to make that many decisions. Now that I'm on my own, there really isn't time for me to wait for things to happen. There isn't a corporation to hold me up / down and dictate my next move. Keep pushing forward, learn from your mistakes (but don't spend to much time mulling over the little things), and keep working at it!

3. Create a good working schedule

Days and nights flow into each other, and I seem to be either on 'work' mode continuously, or would suddenly throw in the towel, ignore emails, and sleep for days. There should be a clearer divide of space and time so that I don't end up muddle-headed. Create schedules and deadlines, stick to them, separate bedroom/workroom, having 'fixed' 9 - 5 days.

4. Be more present, conscious and empathetic

This is as difficult as #2. I tend to shut myself up in a little bubble and forget the presence of others around me. Be aware of your surroundings - train yourself to See the people around you, especially the ones whom you care about.

5. Trust your instincts

This is possibly the most challenging, especially when it comes to 'real' life decisions. I lack confidence, I tend to question myself (a little too much), and allow my insecurities to overtake me. I am better than that - I know stuff, I've done stuff, and if I don't know something, I just have to work a little harder to know it. This will ultimately help you to be more decisive!

6. Go the extra mile

This was a timely reminder from Jordanne and Massimo. You can always go a little more for people. Show your appreciation through the things you say and do continually.

7. Take better care of your body

Wash your face better, brush and floss, moisturize, scrub your back more regularly, eat healthier, less caffeine and sugar, and most of all, Exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home